Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chai Power Smoothie


Spring semester has started and I'm finally almost in a routine! I was sick the first 2 weeks of school, which made it really hard to get into a solid routine and stay on top of everything! This semester I am taking advanced human nutrition, biochemistry, nutrition management, nutrition communication and an elective in exercise and wellness. Very challenging semester, but excited to learn some new stuff! One of the great things about being at ASU is I have free access to the gym downtown and can go right after my classes if I want. A smoothie sounded great today after a long workout of upper body strength and HIIT training. This really is a power smoothie with good carbs, protein, antioxidants and calcium! You can get the chai concentrate at your local Starbucks or even at the grocery store. Enjoy: )

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup chai concentrate
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup spinach

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy

Serving Size-1/Calories-290/Carbs-48g/Fat-3g/Protein-21g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment