Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pear and Walnut Quinoa Cereal

When I first saw the idea to use quinoa as a substitute for oatmeal, I was a little turned off. After weeks of thinking about it and what to put in it, I finally decided to give it a try. It was surprisingly very good and very filling. I talked about the benefits of swapping out quinoa for any rice or pasta in this recipe, grilled vegetable and quinoa salad, also pears are a super fruit and contain a lot of fiber and vitamins, they are a great snack or breakfast food. Enjoy : )
Ingredients:
½ cup cooked quiona
1 small pear-chopped into bite sized pieces
2 tsp agave nectar
Ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
Directions:
1. Place chopped pears in a small microwave safe bowl and drizzle with agave nectar and cinnamon, microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Add in cooked quinoa and top with chopped walnuts
 * I topped mine with almond milk
Servings-1/Calories-406/Carbs-70g/Fat-13g/Protein-10g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment