Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Granola


I came across this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, skinnytaste.com, it sounded so perfect for this morning’s breakfast! I’m training for a 10k so I have been craving lots of carbs! I made quite a few adjustments to her recipe, just because of what I had on hand. My favorite way to enjoy granola is either with almond milk or Greek yogurt. I also like to top it with sliced banana, yum! Enjoy:)
Ingredients:
¼ quinoa rinsed and patted dry
1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup dried cherries
¼ maple syrup or sweetener of preference like honey or agave
¼ cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread oats and quinoa onto the sheet, bake for 10 minutes stirring once
3. Combine flaxseed, walnuts, and cherries in a small bowl
4. Once oats are done place in a medium sized mixing bowl and combine with flaxseed mixture
5. Turn the oven to 300
7. In a small bowl stir together remaining ingredients and pour into oat mixture
8. Stir mixture until oats are covered and place on baking sheet to cook for an additional 15 minutes
Granola:
Servings-10/Serving Size-1/3 cup/Calories-130/Carbs-20g/Fat-4g/Protein-4g
Amanda’s granola protein breakfast:
Combine 1/3 cup granola with 6oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt and top with sliced banana

Servings-1/Calories-320/Carbs-55g/Fat-4g/Protein-20g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment