Saturday, August 29, 2015

Breakfast Muffins


I'm back! As you can see my website has a different name. Since I have finally landed into my career, I found this title more fitting. The job has been going very well. I have been welcomed by all my peers and patients, (for the most part!) and I have two offices! Right now I do most of the initial assessments, nutrition experientials, meal planning, and nutrition lectures. My days are very busy and there is never a dull moment. I have been really into meal prepping on Saturday's by gathering everything I need for the week and preparing it that day; so dinner only takes about ten minutes and lunches/breakfasts are grab and go. I truly believe this is one of the best ways you can make sure you are eating a healthy well-balanced diet and be cost-effective. These muffins are super easy to prepare ahead of time and freeze very well. Pop them in the microwave for about a minute and your good to go!

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used designer whey vanilla)
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp. butter melted
  • 1/4 cup low sugar maple syrup (I used Walden farms)
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • fruit, other mix-in of choice
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (do not include mix-ins)
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
  5. Stir in toppings of choice
  6. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray
  7. Divide batter evenly among trays
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
  9. Allow to cool and can refrigerate for 5 days or freeze
Servings: 12/Serving Size 1 muffin-150kcal/Carbs-19g/Protein-9g/Fat-5g/Fiber-3g
  • Nutrition facts based on muffins made with 1/2 cup blueberries
  • **Tip-Spread about a tbsp. of peanut butter on top

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment