Friday, November 14, 2014

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Hey guys! I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. I wanted to share that I am training for the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon happening in January. I am so excited for this and plan to involve everyone on my progress during the training. One of my favorite things about long morning runs, besides the sunsets, is coming home to pancakes! Pumpkin pancakes are so delicious, not to mention pumpkin is high in fiber and Vitamin A. For this recipe I used Bob Red Mill's gluten free oat flour. I like to experiment with different flours, and was very pleased with this variety. I do not have a gluten sensitivity, but I do think it's important for me to share some gluten-free options. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these. : )

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup gluten free oat flour
  • 2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup pure pumpkin(not the filling)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl
  2. Whisk the egg in a small mixing bowl and add in milk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract
  3. Add the wet ingredients to the oat flour mixture and whisk until smooth
  4. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray
  5. Pour pancake mix into skillet using a 1/4 sized measuring cup
  6. Once the pancake starts to bubble add chocolate chips and flip
  7. Repeat with remaining batter and serve with low-sugar maple syrup
Servings-4/Serving Size-2 pancakes/Carbs-25g/Protein-7g/Fat-5g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment