Friday, September 12, 2014

Quinoa and Kale Enchiladas



Happy Friday! I am now a couple weeks into the Fall semester and things are pretty crazy! I'm learning lots and can't wait to share some of it along the way. I have been doing a lot of meal prepping for the week, to make things easier. I started making breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on Sunday; making it so much easier during the week. I'll share some of my favorite ways to get ready for the week in future posts. I absolutely love these enchiladas. They are quick, nutritious, and taste awesome. I hope you enjoy :)

Ingredients:

  • 8 corn and whole wheat tortillas(I like Mission brand)
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 container Hatch medium red enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup reduced fat Mexican style shredded cheese
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa 
  • 1 cup packed and chopped kale
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a 9x13 baking dish spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce to cover the bottom
  3. Saute onions with cooking spray for about 5 min, until soft
  4. Combine the cooked quinoa, kale, and onions in a medium mixing bowl
  5. Place 1/4 cup quinoa mixture into each tortilla and roll, placing seam side down into dish
  6. Place remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese, bake 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted
Servings-4/Serving Size-2 enchiladas/Calories-391/Carbs-53g/Fat-15g/Protein-16g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment