Friday, September 7, 2012

Strawberries and “Cream” Oatmeal

I got a craving for Quaker strawberries and cream oatmeal when I saw a post about it on Facebook. The post was not very appetizing though considering she was talking about all the unnatural flavors in the oatmeal. And get this; there aren’t even strawberries in it, its dried apples with ‘natural’ strawberry flavoring. Bad Quaker! Anyways, I decided to make my own with real strawberries and Greek yogurt and I couldn’t believe how much it tasted like the kind I used to eat when I was little. It would be perfect for a rainy day, Enjoy:)
Ingredients:
½ cup oats
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup sliced strawberries
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
Sweetener of choice-honey, agave syrup, maple syrup (I drizzled mine with maple syrup)
Directions:
1. Cook oatmeal according to package directions, stir in yogurt and strawberries and drizzle with sweetener.
*I added a half a scoop of protein powder to mine and it was delish!
Servings-1/Calories-300/Carbs-38g/Fat-8g/Protein-24g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment