Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mini Spanikopita Pies

I just love these little pies! When I go out for Greek food I usually will start with an order of Spanikopita, not the healthiest option, but it sure does taste good every now and then. I decided to make these because I was craving Spanikopita and I was very happy with how they turned out! It’s also a great way to get your spinach in. Spinach is so good for you and I recommend buying organic if you can. Spinach is high in Folic Acid, which is necessary for normal DNA synthesis and these help develop erythrocytes (RBCs). See I can even make Human Anatomy into a nutrition discussion. Anyways, enjoy:)
Ingredients:
1 thawed readymade pie crust (You can definitely make homemade, if you wish)
1 10oz package organic spinach
1/3 cup feta cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 egg white
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
2. Roll out dough and cut 8 even circles (I used a glass) also the 8th circle will come from the remaining dough
3. Place the dough into the muffin tin and bake for 10 min
4. In a medium sized skillet place spinach over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of water, cover and let sit one minute
5. Add in feta and egg white and cook until combined
6. Once combined remove from heat and mix in half the parmesan cheese
7. Fill the mini pie crusts with spinach mixture
8. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top, and bake for 10-15 minutes
Servings-8/Serving Size-1 pie/Calories-137/Carbs-15g/Fat-7g/Protein-6g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment