Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oven Baked Potato Wedges


I know I just posted fries, but I feel like they need their own page! I love potato wedges when I don’t want to mess around with the little skinny fries. These are so good and have a secret ingredient that I will share, chili powder. I know weird, but just trust me. I’m not an organic freak but I do choose to buy organic produce that is on the dirty dozen list (foods with the highest pesticide residue). Unfortunately, more than 35 pesticides have been detected on potatoes in USDA testing. So, I recommend using organic potatoes, when you cook at home. Check out this website for other produce you should buy organic and why http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/dirty-dozen-foods#fbIndex1.
Ingredients:
2 medium organic russet potatoes
2 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic salt
Pepper
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with foil, coat with cooking spray
2. Cut potatoes in half and then into quarters so that each potato has 8 wedges
3. Toss potatoes with olive oil in medium bowl and add seasonings
4. Place fries onto baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through
* Oven times may vary so keep an eye out
Servings-2/Serving Size-1 potato(8 wedges)/Calories-200/Carbs-36g/Fat-5g/Protein-4g
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I will probably never ever eat another fast food french fry. The chili powder seriously makes these amazing. I took them to a pool party and every one loved them. They were gone within minutes and everyone asking me to make more.

    ReplyDelete