Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal

Hello! It has been a busy few days, our air conditioner went out last night, neither Spencer, Me, or Bentley got good sleep :( Anyways one of our neighbors let us borrow a couple of their fans and they helped so much. I will be making them chocolate chip cookies to say thank you, and will be posting them soon! I love breakfast it is probably my favorite meal. Right when I wake up I want food! I am obsessed with oatmeal and would have it at every meal if I could! Since it is almost 100 degrees in the morning here in Az hot oatmeal does not sound as appealing. So why not have cold oatmeal....I was very unsure about this whole process, but it ended up being so good, I just have to share. The best part is that the oatmeal can be made the night before and kept in a jar overnight. The mix-ins are endless and can change to fit your liking. I used bluberries and bananas but any fruit would work. I think why I like it so much is that I get to eat out of a jar :) Enjoy!

Overnight Oatmeal
Ingredients:
1/2 cup quick oats (not cooked)
1 cup milk ( I used vanilla almond milk)
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp flaxseed
(390 cals)
Combine all ingredients in a jar, shake, cover with lid and refrigerate overnight
~This kept me satisfied till lunch and then some!(Serves 1)
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea thanks!
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes enjoy! I put peanut butter and banana in it last night! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this for breakfast at work in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's super easy to just grab and go in the morning, I plan on doing that for my breskfast this weekend

    ReplyDelete