Saturday, May 24, 2014

Healthy Cookie Dough Protein Bites


Summer is off to a busy start already! I'm currently taking an introduction to parenting class, which is very interesting. I thought this would be an appropriate class because I have exhausted all of my nutrition and exercise electives. I hope to gain some insight into what's in store for the future! If your not familiar with Quest protein bars, I'm sorry. I love these bars, they are super high in protein and fiber and have minimal ingredients. They are quite expensive, so I decided to make my own version. I love making homemade protein snacks because you can control exactly what goes in them. One of my favorite flavors is cookie dough, but I plan on experimenting with different flavors! Enjoy : )

Ingredients:
2/3 cup cashews
1/3 cup oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp reduced sugar maple syrup
12 squares dark chocolate( my favorite is Green & Black's 70% organic dark chocolate)**
1/4 almond milk

Directions: 
1. In a food processor combine cashews and oats, pulse into a flour-like consistency
2. Add in protein, vanilla, maple syrup and pulse again until combined
3. Break chocolate into individual squares and place in food processor, pulse one to two times, just enough to break up the pieces
4. Place mixture into medium sized mixing bowl and add almond milk 1 Tbsp at a time
5. Once the dough is sticky, roll into balls and place on parchment paper
6. Store in refrigerator and try not to eat them all at once :)
**You can also use 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Servings-12/Serving Size-1 bite/Calories-84/Carbs-6g/Fat-5g/Protein-4g
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment